CLAT 2022 Exam: Application Form (Released), Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern –
CLAT 2022 Exam Application Form has been released from 1st January 2022. The exam Date has been announced. Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by the 22 national law universities across the countries.
The CLAT exam is conducted every year by the consortium of National Law universities every year in the month of May. Every year lakhs of students apply from across the country to get admission into the NLU’s. Here in this article, we are going to cover complete details about CLAT 2022 including the application process, exam dates, eligibility criteria, and other related info.
CLAT 2022 application form has been released from 1st January 2022. Check here for application details.
CLAT 2022 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 8th May 2022. CLAT 2023 also will be held on 18th December 2022 in the same year. Check here for exam date details.
CLAT 2022 Exam Dates –
The candidates can check the official exam dates for the CLAT 2022 examination:
|Application starts||1st January 2022|
|Application ends||31st March 2022|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2022|
|Exam Date||8th May 2022 & 18th December 2022 (CLAT 2023)|
|Result Date||4th week of June 2022|
|Counseling begins||1st week of July 2022|
CLAT 2022 Exam Application Form –
- The application form of CLAT 2022 is available from the 1st January 2022.
- Candidates can fill the CLAT 2022 application form only through the online mode.
- At the time of registration, candidates must provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- While filling the form candidates have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph, signature & category certificate (if required) in the prescribed format and size.
- Candidates will also be provide a correction facility to make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After filling the form candidates are advised to take the print out of the filled application form.
- The application fee for CLAT is Rs. 4000 for GEN/OBC/PWD category candidates.
- For SC/ST & BPL category candidates the application form fees is Rs. 3500.
- The fee can be paid using online mode only (Debit/credit card or Net Banking).
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2022 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
CLAT 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria –
Candidates must check the following CLAT eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th board examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI category candidates must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & Candidates with SC/ ST category must score 40% marks in order to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates also have to prove evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to be eligible for the examination.
- Percentage: General category candidates must score minimum 50% marks, 45% for reserved category candidates to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates will also have to prove evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern –
Candidates can check CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern from the below passage:
- Exam Mode: CLAT 2022 exam will be organized via offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be alotted 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & subjective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Questions: There will be 150 questions in UG & 120 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.